Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Stop it Bob, you're starting to scare me.

"I know there is a lot of demagoguery on the issue and people taking advantage of the issue politically." - US Senate candidate Bob Corker, Kingsport Times News 3/7/06, responding to a question about his position to take a wait and see approach to turning over management of six major American seaports to an Arab-owned firm.

When I first heard a few days ago that Corker had taken a position to support further study of the Dubai Ports World deal, I honestly chalked it up to bad advice from some D.C.-based consultant or policy wonk who was out of touch with how most Tennesseans feel about national security and this issue in particular.

Let's face it, studying this issue further is like cramming for a urine test. No amount of studying will change the outcome.

This national security issue is also not difficult for dumbasses like me to understand and come to terms with. I don't have a fancy college degree and I never studied international affairs here or abroad. Hell, I don't even like foreign films. Like most Tennesseans I know, I'm simply an American citizen who is fed up with politicians who want to argue and debate the finer points of stupid policy.

The way I see it, stupid policy doesn't need further study or debate. And politicians who support stupid policy need to be sent on hunting trips with Dick Cheney.

Which brings me back to Corker.

Mr. "I'm not like everyone else in Washington" Corker.
Mr. "I'm tough on terrorism" Corker.
Mr. "I'm against demogoguery on this issue" Corker.

Corker's position on the Dubai Ports World deal is not smart politically, nor is it in our country's best interest. Why he won't simply say that is beyond me.

So I offer up the only explanation I can muster for why Corker feels as he does on this issue - he's just to freaking naive to know any better.

Which is a scary thing to say about anyone who wants to be in the United States Senate.

6 Comments:

Blogger Polly Hill said...

A former mayor who is running on mayoral issues, Corker has no clue about issues past sidewalks and sewers.

He's in weeds taller than himself.

8:52 AM  
Blogger RMN said...

Bob's every bit as skilled as you would expect of someone with absolutely zero national security experience.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Litz said...

Somewhere in Hamilton County a village is missing its idiot.

5:27 AM  
Blogger nashtndem said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

hey guys! love this blog! check mine out! Found a place where you can make some extra cash. Just put in your
zip code and fine a bunch of places where you can make some extra cash. I live in a small town and found several.

http://www.surveywv.com

11:32 PM  
Blogger 伊凡姐姐 said...

童裝批發

童裝批發

童裝

童裝

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

暑假打工

寒假打工

酒店經紀人

酒店現領

禮服店

酒店小姐

酒店兼職

酒店上班

酒店兼職

禮服店

酒店上班

酒店打工

酒店小姐

酒店經紀

酒店兼差

假日打工

台北酒店經紀

寒暑假打工

專業酒店經紀

酒店藝名

台北酒店

酒店日保

酒店入行

台北禮服店

酒店類型

酒店午場

酒店規定

酒店行政

酒店資訊

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home