Thursday, March 23, 2006

Calling "Joey" out

A few postings ago I threatened to call out the clowns who attempted to spread baseless rumors that 5th District Congressman Jim Cooper might not run for re-election. Unfortunately with every election cycle, a handful of clueless politico-wannabes will surface with whisper campaigns designed to make people think they're in the know.
In my earlier posting I confirmed that to the contrary Coop is running hard again and that his plan is to continue to serve the people of his district.
The rumor seemed to dry up, so I figured that was the end of that nonsense.
That was until I heard from friends who overheard earlier this week a young enebreated wannabe named "Joey" spin a wild tale about Coop suffering from an undisclosed illness. "Joey" - between shots and belches - claimed that Coop would not be able to serve any longer because of it.
Turns out this "Joey" fellow is reportedly the campaign manager for Davidson County court clerk candidate John Arriola. Knowing John Arriola, I figure when John gets wind of the horseshit his campaign manager is spreading about Coop, he'll do the right thing and move swiftly to shut him down.
Coop, who works out regularly, has reportedly taken up kickboxing as part of his regimen. Healthy in every respect, Coop is clearly in campaign running shape.
My advice to "Joey" would be to steer clear of Coop between now and election day. Word has it that Coop's got a mean knee strike-front kick combo.

5 Comments:

Blogger Idava said...

I don't know why but after reading about "Joey" I tried to draw a mental image of the person. What this person will be like when the heat is really on during the campaign. Will this person become extremely cut throat? Will he stay awake into the wee hours trying to
manipulate and contrive? To what means will this person go to achieve the desired ends? Then behold, I have my image. And it is Butterfly Mcqueen, Prissy of "Gone with the Wind", saying "Lawzy, we got to have a doctor! I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies!"

9:35 PM  
Blogger tennessee political pulse said...

What could I possibly add to your posting. You simply crack me up.

4:21 AM  
Blogger joey workman said...

I appreciate your “friends” referring to me as “young”. Made my day!

I don’t appreciate being lied about or misrepresented. I have nothing but respect for Congressman Cooper, and have no reason to speculate about his health. I don’t recall being around any groups of people inebriated recently. I’m entirely too busy running an actual campaign. The last social setting I attended was the Young Dems.’ event at Cabana.

I will assume these “friends” have me confused with some other handsome, hardworking, political operative, and this is a mistake.

My name is Joey Workman.
I am the campaign director for John Arriola’s County Clerk race.
Here is my contact info, and I welcome anyone to ask me personally for my views.

Office 781-9125
Cell 943-5178
e-mail joey@arriolaforclerk.com


Those who Know…don’t TELL,

Those who Tell…don’t KNOW.

10:14 AM  
Blogger tennessee political pulse said...

Thanks for clearing things up Joey. Good to see you firm in Coop's camp, and glad to see you dispel any speculation - attributed to you or otherwise - that Coop doesn't plan to continue serving the 5th District with distinction.

11:49 AM  
Blogger 伊凡姐姐 said...

童裝批發

童裝批發

童裝

童裝

酒店喝酒

酒店消費

暑假打工

寒假打工

酒店經紀人

酒店現領

禮服店

酒店小姐

酒店兼職

酒店上班

酒店兼職

禮服店

酒店上班

酒店打工

酒店小姐

酒店經紀

酒店兼差

假日打工

台北酒店經紀

寒暑假打工

專業酒店經紀

酒店藝名

台北酒店

酒店日保

酒店入行

台北禮服店

酒店類型

酒店午場

酒店規定

酒店行政

酒店資訊

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home