Thursday, January 19, 2006

zogby releases another of its meaningless interactive polls

Zogby Interactive today released results of one of its polls on the U.S. Senate race in Tennessee. Zogby's contention is that Harold Ford Jr. runs slightly behind the 3 GOP candidates in horse race matchups. Here's the rub - anyone, and I mean anyone, can log onto Zogby Interactive and register as a fantasy voter and log a preference. For example, just for kicks I logged on to Zogby today and registered as Bob Corker, listed my party affiliation as Green, and said I was an Arab American Jew. I had another middle age white Democratic male friend register and vote as an African American Republican woman. Why bother going through this exercise? To prove a point. Zogby is not scientific. In fact, it reminds me more of those video games like Final Fantasy or Warcraft where you can become a fantasy character and play the game. So if you hear about this poll - just remember that it ain't for real folks.